AmLit Creative Community Grant!
Application Deadline: September 30th, 2017
The very first grant AmLit has ever offered is here! Though many students formulate thoughtful ideas in the arts, few actually have the funds to put them into action. The Creative Community Grant will address this challenge and empower students by providing up to $500 each semester to those with such initiatives.
We want the project to impact more than the person receiving the grant. This means that the money can’t go to individual art projects that won’t have an impact in the AU or DC community. Art is defined broadly and includes any performance or literary projects and service projects that are based in the arts. Your project can be organized by you, by an organization, or in a collaborative team.
Since this is the very first grant offered by American Literary, we have no prior examples, so here are some that would be cool if they had happened (but they didn’t):
- Gallery rental for a prisoner art show
- Commissioning an artist to create a piece of public art on campus
- Hiring an administrator and snacks for a Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon for underrepresented D.C. artist on campus
- Costume and prop materials for a show you direct in collaboration with others
- Materials for a workshop for high school students in DC to learn photography
Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org